Sunday, May 3, 2009

Local news at 11


So, for this post I will discuss the local news at 11. The local news that I chose to watch was News 4 New York. This particular news program was not very political other than mentioning that a senator from Staten Island recently died on vacation. It did consist of many human interest stories, topics ranging from how to find missing make up that has been discontinued and the weather. The news was pretty entertaining and they talk about fires and how Swine Flu is still around. The Swine Flu story has died down a little bit since last week but is definitely still going to be around for awhile. I wouldn't say that the local news was as entertaining as the Daily Show but it was entertaining considering it was just local stories and things that I could relate to because I live in this area. I feel that there wasn't enough political content and I really would like at least a few more minutes focused on the economy or what Obama is doing to make the U.S strong again. The local news didn't even cover how local politicians are trying to tackle the issues in this area and I would also like to see some more coverage of that kind of story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment