Sunday, May 3, 2009

Network News and the Daily Show


The difference between network news and the Daily Show is actually not incredibly different in the sense of content. At times I feel like the Daily Show does actually go into topics that the network news doesn't even bother to go into, probably because they feel that average Americans can't relate to the stories. It's even more interesting to see that even though many people don't understand the issues, the Daily Show is still a huge source for many people my age to get their news. I know that when I watch the network news I am not as interested and I have subconsciously established filters on what I listen to and what I just ignore. When I watch the Daily Show I am waiting for jokes and desiring to be entertained so I listen to more of what is being said just so I can get the most out of the program. 
I feel that shows like the Daily Show should not be used as a sole means of information but its not a bad place to kindle interest in different issues. It also is a good way to get a different point of view on topics that are tired and over played on the network news stations. I also like the Daily Show because it usually makes fun of the network news, and I do truly resent them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment